• quick signup
  • quick login



As a highly-skilled worker, you can obtain a work permit without the need for prior labour market analysis.
Minimum gross income for the blue card Belgium is 51.466 Euro annual, according to 2016 data.


Candidate action for a Blue Card:
Residing in your country of origin? apply for the blue card with the Belgium consular authority.
Already in Belgium? apply for the card with your local foreign nationals department (loket Vreemdelingenzaken).

Employer action (in concurrence with candidate action):
Apply for a temporary employment permit with the appropriate administration.
Flemish Region: Flemish Regional Administration - form (Dutch)
Walloon Region: The Walloon Regional Administration
Brussels-Capital Region: The Brussels-Capital Regional Administration

The work permit for highly-skilled workers is valid for a maximum period of four years, but may be extended. Minimum term of issue is one year.

The application for renewal must be filed one month prior to expiry of the existing work permit. In case of refusal of a work permit, it is possible to appeal against the decision before the competent regional Ministry within one month of notification of the decision to you or your employer.

Extended information can be found on Emploi (French)

Information in English European blue card

Return to country index

Secure connection TLS 1.2
Secure connection TLS 1.2