• quick signup
  • quick login



If you want to go to Slovakia as a “highly-qualified” worker, you should apply for an EU Blue Card and if necessary, a visa.

A Blue Card is issued for up to three years and authorises you to enter, reside, work and to leave and re-enter Slovakia during the term for which it is issued.

To fulfil the conditions for a highly-qualified worker, you must hold a university or college diploma (e.g. Bachelor, Master, PhD), your labour contract must be set for at least one year and must foresee a monthly salary of at least 1.5 times the average monthly wage of an employee working in Slovakia in a similar sector.


At least 30 working days before applying for a Blue Card, your employer must report the vacancy to the Central Office of Labour, Social Affairs and Family.

Generally, you apply for a Blue Card at the Slovak consulate in the country of your citizenship or country of residence. You may also apply for a Blue Card directly in Slovakia at the relevant Alien Police Department if you are residing legally in Slovakia, or within 30 days from entering Slovakia if you already have a Blue Card issued by another EU country.

Extended information can be found on Europe's Immigration portal - Slovakia

Return to country index.

Secure connection TLS 1.2