To carry out a professional activity as a highly-skilled worker in Luxembourg, you must get a residence permit to stay as a highly-skilled worker.
Once in Luxembourg you must register with the Commune and apply to the Employment and Immigration department for a residence permit as a highly-skilled worker.
EU Blue Card holders salary must now be paid at least 71,946 Euro annual. Hereunder is the list of shortage occupations, for these professions a lower minimum annual salary requirement of 57,556.80 Euro exists.
- Mathematicians, actuaries and statisticians
- System analysts
- Software developers / web and multimedia developers / applications programmers
- Software and application developers and analysts not elsewhere classified
- Database designers and administrators / systems administrators
- Computer network professionals
- Database and network professionals not elsewhere classified
To be a highly-skilled worker in Luxembourg, you must be able to prove you have a higher education qualification (diploma) or you have at least five years of specialised professional experience.
You must have a work contract for which you have the required qualifications and earn a salary equivalent to at least three times the minimum salary of a non-skilled worker. The employer must inform the Employment Development Agency (ADEM) about the vacancy before recruiting you. A labour market test will not be necessary. The government fee for a residence permit application is 80 Euro.
Information guide for third country citizens and their families.
Authorisation to stay for a third-country national - Procedure
Extended information can be found on Europe's Immigration portal
Return to country index.