• quick signup
  • quick login



For long-term employment, you must obtain a residence visa. A residence visa does not automatically grant you a right of residence but allows you to enter Portugal for the purpose of applying for a residence permit, when the requirements are met.

The Ministry of Science, Technology and Higher Education (MCTES) is responsible for granting visas to highly-skilled workers. The online information is found on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. (Highly qualified subordinate activity)
You must prove that you have an adequate consignment, a work contract or a written proposal.

Residency visas allow two entries and is valid for a period of 4 months. During that time, the holder of a residency visa is required to request a residency permit with the Immigration and Border Services (SEF).

EU Blue Card and residence permit for holders of an EU Blue Card in another EU member state - article 121-a et seq. (article 121-b and 121-k).

Return to country index.

Secure connection TLS 1.2