• quick signup
  • quick login



Non-EU migrants who plan to carry out an activity that requires a higher education qualification, may obtain a temporary residence- and work permit for highly qualified professionals: the EU Blue Card.

You must hold a university or college diploma from an educational programme that lasted three years or more. Alternatively you can prove your qualifications by showing at least five years of professional experience.


Employers who wish to contract a foreign professional, non-resident, in Spain must submit, or via their legal representative, the application for an initial permit to the competent authorities in the province in which the job is to take place.

If the work and residence permit (blue card) is granted, the migrant must apply in person (notwithstanding exceptions), for the correct entry visa at the diplomatic mission or consulate where they live, within a month of the employer being notified.

The Spanish department of immigration published a handy leaflet on the blue card.

Return to country index.

Secure connection TLS 1.2