Blue Card News Archive
- MAY 11DE: German government releases brochure 'Erfolgreich Arbeiten'
EU Blue Card enables employers to hire the professionals they urgently need.
- APR 26EU: Employment rate of people aged 20 to 64 in the EU reached a new peak
The employment rate stood at 71.1%, higher than the previous peak recorded in 2008 (70.3%).
- APR 12UK: Good prospects for skilled British workers in a post-Brexit EU
Report says Blue Card scheme is on route to become the work permit of choice.
- MAR 23SK: The Slovak economy is approaching full employment
Slovak authorities will extend the validity of the blue card from three to four years.
- MAR 7EU: New US immigration policy set to make EU more attractive for the highly skilled
The US may no longer be the destination of choice as the H-1B system is overhauled.
- FEB 23NL: 31% of knowledge migrants to OECD countries choose the EU
It is the European Commission’s intention to increase this number by making the blue card more attractive.
- JAN 27EU: Proposed blue card directive to promote innovative entrepreneurship
Blue card holders would have the right to start their own company in parallel.
- JAN 10AT: More voices in favour of replacing the Rot-weiß-Kart with the blue card
One single program makes it more inviting for the highly skilled to consider Europe.
- DEC 14SE: Calls for Swedish immigration to simplify procedures
A Syrian doctor’s plea to work in a country desperately in need of his skills.
- NOV 29EU: Commissioner for migration Avramopoulos wants the blue card to be more like the U.S. green card.
The best choice would be a single regulation for highly skilled immigration, not 28 different programs
- NOV 3DE: Already 49,000 blue cards issued in Germany
The positive correlation between the issuance of blue cards and economic growth
- OCT 13
- SEP 29AT: Austrian Rot-Weiß-Rot-Karte to be replaced by the EU Blue Card.
EC proposed changes includes replacement of all national highly-skilled permits by the Blue Card.
- SEP 8NL: Skilled migrants urgently needed in the Netherlands
OESO says 2.4 million highly skilled persons needed by 2025, only 1 million available in current population.
- AUG 31DE: More blue cards are issued to qualified professionals
Professionals are urgently needed in Germany. With the Blue card, its holder receives a permit with perspective.
- AUG 4IT: Italy to make the blue card application procedure more efficient
The Italian employers' (Confindustria) federation signs a memorandum of understanding with the ministry of interior to speed up the required procedures.
- JUL 20BG: Bulgaria supports easing Blue Card issuance
Bulgaria backs the efforts of the European Commission for easing the administrative procedure on the issuance of the Blue Card for highly qualified foreigners.
- JUL 15EU: Blue Card Network launches affiliate program
Key objective of the affiliate program is to raise awareness of the EU Blue Card Program.
- JUN 24EU: The UK leaving the European Union does not affect the Blue Card Program
It is not sure if UK nationals will be able to apply for the EU Blue Card in the future.
- JUN 22EU: Main proposed changes compared to the current EU Blue Card Directive
Faster procedure, lower salary threshold, shorter contract term and more.
- JUN 6NL: The Netherlands needs some 80.000 non-European migrant workers annually
'Not only academics and technical people, but mid-segment migrant workers as well.'
- MAY 23
- APR 13EU: Results of the 2015 blue card stakeholders survey
A Fast-track entry procedure and a uniform scheme are considered most important to improve the scheme's attractiveness.
- MAR 24DE: In the first three quarters of 2015, Germany issued over 11 thousand blue cards.
Most German blue cards went to people from India, Ukraine and Russia.
- MAR 8GR: More leaders speak out on loosening blue card regulations
Mr Kefalogiannis, Greek MP: 'A revision of the blue card should be undertaken so that it applies to lower-skilled migrants as well'.
- FEB 25NL: Start-up permits available for the Netherlands
You can now start your business in the Netherlands with the help of a facilitator.
- FEB 4EU: ALDE coalition proposes the blue card to be available also for non-skilled workers
'We call for an revision of the EU Blue Card making it possible to obtain for both skilled and non-skilled workers based on objective criteria, that if fulfilled allow a Blue Card to be issued.'
- JAN 12GR: Blue cards to be issued for projects in Greek port
Greek government exclusively promotes the issuance of Blue Cards for projects in the port of Piraeus.